Baby-LIN library meets Linux und RaspberryPi
If you cannot or may not want to afford an industrial personal computer for your applications but still want to use the countless possibilities of our Baby-LIN-library in your own application, then we have a new option ready for you.
By porting the Baby-LIN-DLL onto the RaspberryPi you are able to connect the Baby-LIN via this popular platform. Not only the scripting languages C and C++ are provided but also python for realizing your applications. The additional USB ports of the RaspberryPi are a perfect way for establishing connections to other peripheral equipment and thanks to a Ethernet interface you will be able to connect to other networks.
Fig.1 - RaspberryPi and Baby-LIN
Minimum requirements for this software are as followed:
- Linux system with GCC version 4.9.2 (release date: 30th Oct. 2014)
- PC-based Linux system: Ubuntu 16.04
- ARM-based Linux system for RaspberryPi: Raspbian 8
The library is available for all 32- and 64-bit-versions. Thus it is working on the following operating systems:
- Windows 32 bit
- Windows 64 bit
- PC-based Linux systems 32 bit
- PC-based Linux systems 64 bit
- ARM-based Linux systems 32 bit
- ARM-based Linux systems 64 bit
If you wish to appropriate these versions just download our LINWorks-PCSoftware-CD on our customer portal, unzip it and look them up in the development folder.